The Rice-Meatball Fatta
By shahdan • September 21, 2015
Turn CairoCooking’s Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting Fatta dish that will blow your guests away!
To prepare the meatballs, follow the link above. BUT, at step 7 of the Baked Rice Meatballs recipe, add 10 crushed cloves of garlic instead of 4, and 3 tablespoons of vinegar before you stir in the tomato sauce. Follow the rest of the instructions as indicated.
Once you have the meatballs ready, preparing the fatta is super easy! You can cook the meatballs in advance, keep refrigerated and heat before assembling the fatta.
- 6 serving CairoCooking’s rice meatballs (made from 1/2kg mince meat) - كفتة الأرز
- 6 large shamy bread - خبز شامي
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 500 gram yoghurt (about 5 small yoghurt cups) - زبادي
- 1 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 4 medium garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon almonds (peeled & shredded) - لوز
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
Step by step
- Use scissors to cut the bread into small rectangles and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Use your hands to coat the bread with the oil, then spread it on a large baking tray. Bake in a 180C oven until golden and crispy (about 20 minutes).
- To prepare the yoghurt topping, mix the yoghurt with the tahini in a bowl, then add crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pan, fry the almonds in oil until golden. Drain on tissue paper.
- Before serving, arrange the bread in the serving plate. Spoon the rice meatballs and its tomato sauce on top. Then cover with the yoghurt-tahini mixture. Sprinkle toasted almonds and fresh coriander on top.
Annabell’s Famous Banana & Avocado Mix
From 7 months. This mixture made the infamous Annabella Karmel famous among all mothers. It is an...
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple...
Delicious Breakfast: Millet Porridge with Dates & Blueberries
Millet has replaced oats in my book for some time now. I love the texture of it, it tastes more...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]