Spiced Potato & Peas
By yasmine • February 22, 2022
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 5 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes) - بطاطس
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup peas (frozen or fresh) - بسلة
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Start by prepping the potatoes and placing the cubes in the lukewarm water for 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add minced garlic and keep heat to medium.
- Stir in drained potato cubes. Sprinkle ground coriander, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir to make sure all cubes are covered in spices. Lower heat and cover.
- Ten minutes later, add peas and stir. Cover again for another 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and stir. Take it off the heat and serve hot.
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]