Quick Homemade Pizza
By shahdan • April 7, 2020
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings.
This recipe also includes the richest and most flavoursome pizza sauce recipe for the most authentic pizza experience at home.
Pizza dough recipe makes one large pizza, or 3-4 small ones. Pizza sauce is enough for 2 large pizzas.
- 2 cup all purpose flour (plus extra for dusting) - دقيق أبيض
- 2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 cup yoghurt (Greek) - زبادي
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- For the sauce:
- 2 medium tomatoes - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (or thyme) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Start with the tomato sauce to allow it to cool before adding to the pizza. Place the tomatoes, tomato paste and water in a small blender. Pulse carefully making sure to keep some tomato chunks for texture.
- In a small pot, sauté onions in olive oil until soft. Add the minced garlic, leave to cook for about 30 seconds then add the prepared tomato sauce.
- Add sugar, and season with oregano, salt and pepper and leave to simmer on lowest heat for about 15 minutes until sauce has nicely thickened. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare pizza dough, combine flour with baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the yoghurt and mix. Use your hands to bring it together into a dough. Sprinkle more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Dust a clean working surface and a rolling pin with flour. Roll out dough into desired pizza shape and place it on baking tray. You can also just flatten the dough onto the tray with your hands.
- Add some of the tomato sauce over the pizza dough leaving the edges clean. Then top your pizza with your favourite toppings and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but...
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Guiltless Granola Bars
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.