Chicken Waldorf salad
By shahdan • April 19, 2021
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken!
The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
- 6 stem celery - كرفس افرنجي
- 2 large apple (red) - تفاحة
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon dill (chopped) - شبت
- 1 large chicken breast fillet (cooked) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 1 handful walnut - عين جمل / جوز
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (measuring cup not commercial cup) - زبادي
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar - خل حمض تفاح
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Finely chop the celery and cut the apples into bite size pieces. Transfer to bowl and add lime juice to prevent the apples from browning.
- Add cooked and chopped chicken pieces, dill and cranberries.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing to the salad and mix gently.
- Finally add walnuts, give the salad another quick stir, then transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with extra dill and serve or refrigerate until serving time.
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you...
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.