Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
By shahdan • September 17, 2018
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind all flavours together.
You can also play around with the recipe and use your favourite herbs and spices, like oregano and thyme, or branded Italian seasoning. You can also finish it off with crumbled Feta cheese, toasted nuts, or a drizzle of pomegranate molasses on top.
Or just stick to that incredibly delicious basic recipe.
- 2 large eggplant (sliced into half circles) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 large carrots (julienne) - جزر
- 1 large red bell pepper (julienne) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 4 small zucchini (julienne) - كوسة
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Slice unpeeled eggplants into medium-thick circles, then into long thin strips.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant strips. Fry on high heat for about 10 minutes, turning them every few minutes until they are soft and golden brown on all sides. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan and cook in batches if needed. Remove from pan and set aside
- Slice zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper into long thin slices (julienne).
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and stir-fry the vegetables on high heat for a couple of minutes. When slightly soft, add minced garlic. Return cooked eggplants and stir together for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Squeeze lime juice and serve next to your favourite protein. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone's favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!