Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
By shahdan • January 27, 2019
If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
- 1 medium cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper (or to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash them with fresh water. Next, cover the cauliflower with boiling water from the kettle and let it simmer on a low heat for 3-4 minutes. (You need slightly softer cauliflower, yet still crunchy.)
- Drain, then wash the cauliflower with cold water. Pat it dry with kitchen tissue, before you move it to the baking tray or oven dish.
- Season the cauliflower with all the spices. Add a drizzle olive oil, then toss the cauliflower together. Arrange the florets on the tray and bake it in a 200C pre-heated oven for 20- 30 minutes or until golden and crispy from outside.
- Genereously squeeze lime juice over the cauliflower. Garnish with fresh parsely and serve.
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson's famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars. For the love of...
Tasty Cauliflower Rice
This Tasty Cauliflower Rice is the best healthy replacement for rice. No one will believe this is...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Leave a comment