Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
By shahdan • January 27, 2019
If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
- 1 medium cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper (or to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash them with fresh water. Next, cover the cauliflower with boiling water from the kettle and let it simmer on a low heat for 3-4 minutes. (You need slightly softer cauliflower, yet still crunchy.)
- Drain, then wash the cauliflower with cold water. Pat it dry with kitchen tissue, before you move it to the baking tray or oven dish.
- Season the cauliflower with all the spices. Add a drizzle olive oil, then toss the cauliflower together. Arrange the florets on the tray and bake it in a 200C pre-heated oven for 20- 30 minutes or until golden and crispy from outside.
- Genereously squeeze lime juice over the cauliflower. Garnish with fresh parsely and serve.
Feel-Good Artichoke Soup
Loaded with artichokes, peas and carrots, this soup is the ultimate comfort soup. The dill adds a...
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast...
Special Minty Zucchini
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]