By yasmine • June 1, 2017
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
- 500 gram liver (thinly sliced) - كبدة
- 2 green peppers (thinly sliced) - فلفل أخضر
- generous salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/2 green chili pepper (chopped OR chili powder to taste) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- In medium bowl, place washed livers and add cumin, salt and pepper, garlic and vinegar and let it marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and fry the sliced green peppers and chili if using any for 5 minutes (you can also use chili powder and add it at the end of the cooking time).
- Add the liver with all its sauce and stir to make sure it is equally distributed in the pan. Keep the heat at medium and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so until livers are cooked through. You make add a couple of spoons of water if you feel the liver is getting dried out.
- Squeeze half a lime over it and serve it warm. Drizzle with Tahini and chopped parsley. You can eat it with rice or baladi bread and more Tahini!
Date & Almond Balls
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the...
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]