Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
By shahdan • June 28, 2018
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you choose to serve it, make sure you don’t overcook the peas and to rinse it with ice-cold water to retain its bright green colour.
- 400 gram peas (frozen) - بسلة
- 100 gram mix of greens (spinach or rocket or dark green lettuce)
- 2 small green onions (green parts only) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon mint (roughly chopped) - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek Feta, crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (plus zest of half a lemon) - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 12 leaves mint (finely chopped) - نعناع
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cover peas with water and cook until it reaches boiling point and take it off the heat, drain and rinse with ice cold water. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a jar, making sure mint leaves are very finely chopped, or blend together in a small blender. Pour dressing over peas, mix and adjust salt and pepper.
- Arrange mixed greens on serving plate. Scatter the seasoned peas on top. Add sliced green onions and chopped mint leaves. Finish with crumbled Feta Cheese on top and serve.
Simple 6 Layer Salad
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on...
Kitchari is India's detox meal. The classic recipe is cooked with rice. In this recipe, rice is...
Walnut & Date Cake
Since It is the Eid season after Ramadan, I found everybody is running to do the traditional Eid...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!