Avocado Orange Green Salad
By yasmine • July 21, 2015
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad – great for avocado season! The creaminess of the avocado combined with the tanginess of the citrus and the crunch from the greens (and the hazelnuts) create such an exciting flavoursome salad. I got the original recipe from a foodnetwork show a while back and recreated with local ingredients as below.
- 2 avocado (peeled & sliced) - أفوكادو
- 2 oranges (peeled, pitted and sliced) - برتقال
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce (hand torn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula (hand torn) - جرجير
- 2 bunch baby spinach (hand torn) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/3 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
Step by step
- Mix the greens (and sliced onions if using) in a large bowl then add the sliced avocado and orange on top.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well and add on top of the salad. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts. No need to to toss the salad, dressing will distribute upon serving.
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days...
Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson's famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars. For the love of...
Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!