White Beans Mayonnaise with a Kick
By Maha Yacine • June 16, 2015
This is a great dressing for grilled meat replacing fatty mayonnaise and heavy sauces. You can also serve it with some tortillas as tapas. The good thing about it is that you can have a lot of it without feeling guilty!
- 1 cup white beans (soaked for a day) - فاصوليا بيضاء
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 garlic - ثوم
- 2 tablespoon lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/3 cup water - ماء
- 1 handful chives (chopped - for garnish) - ورق بصل
- 1 drop wasabi (optional) - الوسابي
Step by step
- Cook the white beans in salted water until tender.
- Blend the beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, lime, nutmeg, garlic and mustard (and wasabi). You may want to add some water for consistency.
- You can mix in or garnish with the chives before serving.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It's a...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Lime & Thyme Chicken Fillets
A delicious and healthy chicken recipe bursting with lemon...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.