Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
By shahdan • April 15, 2020
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
- 1 cup black-eyed peas (soaked for 6 hours) - لوبيا
- 3 medium spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 medium tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- 3 medium cucumber (diced) - خيار
- 1 medium bell pepper (red) - فلفل ملون
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- 1 large carrot - جزرة
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- 1 large garlic clove - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Rinse the soaked black-eyed peas then place them in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until soft but not mushy. Drain, season with salt and pepper, and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, finely chop all the vegetables and greens into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- When black-eyed peas have cooled, move them to the same bowl with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small blender and pulse until creamy.
- Pour the parsley dressing over the salad and mix. Taste to adjust seasoning, then transfer to serving plate, or cover and place it in the fridge for a few hours.
Rocca-Cranberry Labna Sandwich
If you are out of healthy and different sandwich ideas, try this one. It’s easy, super healthy,...
Sweet Strawberry Tart with Homemade Custard
The taste and delicacy of this tart will remind you of the famous French Mille-feuille - only...
Meat Cubes with Carrots & Potatoes
Kabab Halla or meat cubes cooked with carrots and potatoes is such an ancient dish in our family....
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]