Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
By shahdan • August 4, 2015
This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an addiction!
- 4 large chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) - بودرة ثوم
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 200 gram mushrooms - عش الغراب
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup water (240 ml) - ماء
- 3 cup yoghurt (the individual cup from supermarket) - زبادي
- 3 teaspoon corn flour - نشا
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or more) - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 handful sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped for garnish) - بقدونس
- 1 sprig rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into cubes, and marinate with salt, pepper and garlic powder. (You can ask the supermarket butcher to cube it for you when you buy it.) Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge (preferably for one hour).
- Dissolve the corn flour in a little water (around 1/8 cup or less) to avoid any lumps, then mix it with the yoghurt and Dijon mustard in a bowl and set aside (leave at room temperature).
- Use a damp clean towel or wet kitchen paper to wipe your fresh mushrooms. (Mushrooms are never washed because they absorb the water.) You may cut them or just leave them whole!
- Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and 2 crushed garlic cloves and stir constantly until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of water to the chicken- mushrooms skillet, while scraping the skillet with a wooden spoon to release all the browned bits. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon some of the simmering water to the yoghurt bowl to gradually warm the yoghurt, and mix.
- Stir in the warm yoghurt mix into the skillet and lower the heat.
- Add the chopped sundried tomatoes, the rosemary, and taste to adjust the seasoning. You may add extra Dijon for a stronger flavour, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve!
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because...
If cooking rice is something you think you cannot do, you haven't tried cooking basmati...
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]