Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
By Loai Emad • February 24, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com.
Easy and quick Shrimp pasta with a twist.
- 2 piece garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 cup pasta - معكرونة
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 handful eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 handful cilantro - كزبرة
- 6 piece shrimp - جمبري
- 1 cup tomato sauce - صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 cup corn oil - زيت ذرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook pasta as per pack directions.
- In the meantime, fry eggplant cubes in hot corn oil for about 3-4 minutes or until slightly golden. Drain eggplants over kitchen paper from excess oil and set aside.
- Heat a stir-fry pan on medium heat and add olive oil. Add minced garlic. Before it turns yellow, add shrimps and cook for about 3 minutes before adding tomato sauce and fried eggplants. Bring mix to a boil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add chopped cilantro and let the whole mix simmer for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add cooked pasta to the tomato mix, give it a final stir to combine and serve warm.
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Delicious Breakfast: Millet Porridge with Dates & Blueberries
Millet has replaced oats in my book for some time now. I love the texture of it, it tastes more...
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]