Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
By mohamed ka7ka • July 16, 2015
Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade that makes sure your barbecued chicken will taste amazing and have your family and friends coming back for more.
From the article ‘Inspiration for the Long-Awaited Summer Barbecue’ with Kahka.
- 2 chicken (halved) - دجاج
- 1 kg onion (shredded) - بصلة
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the marinade well then rub it into the chicken, cover and put in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Prepare the barbecue by lighting the coal on the stove then transferring it tot he grill. Let it burn for up to an hour to make sure the heat is consistent through all the coal.
- Place your marinated chicken bottom down on the grill. Change the chicken every 20 minutes while adding from the leftover marination all over it. Do not add to much from the shredded onion itself cause it might burn with the heat.
- The chicken should have been down towards the coal from all sides. It should be done in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!