Zaatar & Seeds Baked Fish Fillet
By yasmine • April 10, 2017
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Zaatar, pumpkin seeds and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs and spices in most Zaatar recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the seeds creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender.
You can serve it next to fish rice and tahini or just next to a green salad. You can also serve it next to oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with added hazelnuts.
- 1 kg sea bass fish (fillets) - سمك الباسه
- 3 tablespoon Zaatar (homemade or store-bought) - زعتر محوج
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 2-3 piece bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (OR 2 teaspoons regular salt) - ملح البحر
- handful pumpkin seeds - بذور اليقطين
- 1 handful hazelnut (unpeeled and chopped) - بندق
Step by step
- Sprinkle defrosted fish fillets with Zaatar, cumin, paprika, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and let it marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Arrange fish in baking tray or pyrex as a single layer. Sprinkle hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Place fish in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked-through and slightly golden. Remove bay leaves and serve warm.
Rustic Cheese Tart
This cheese tart makes a sophisticated yet easy entertaining dish that you can prepare and bake...
Homemade Fresh Fish Stock
Fish broth is easy and quick to make with ingredients available in your household. It will go into...
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!