Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
By yasmine • April 28, 2016
From 9 months.
Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a large source of iron in a time babies start crawling and walking. I used to stuff any of my daughter’s food with some spinach leaves – I chop it up and add it to her eggs or to a creamy gratin and or blend it in a homemade fruity juice. This recipe is a yummy example of incorporating spinach.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 2 carrots (peeled and cubed) - جزر
- 1 potatoes (peeled & cubed) - بطاطس
- 1 cup baby spinach (or spinach) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 3 tablespoon basmati brown rice - أرز بسمتى بنى
- 1.5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add rice. Stir for a couple of times, then add carrots, potatoes, and broth/water mix.
- Bring pot to a boil then lower heat and cover. Let it cook for 15 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add spinach leaves and cover again for another 5 minutes until veggies and rice are cooked through.
- Add one tablespoon cooking cream to each serving (especially when reheating to feed). You can mash the mix with a fork or use a handheld blender for a smoother texture. Serve warm.
Leave a comment
3 responses to “Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley”
Leave a Reply
Classic Egyptian Lentils
A beautiful and filling Sohour dish, these delicious lentils always get the most attention on any...
Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Is it ok to use cooking cream at 9 months? Do u think I could leave it out?
Good morning Shahira 🙂 Yes it is ok to use cooking cream as long it is going to be cooked – likes most dairy – but please do ask you doctor. You can use broth, water or milk to cream the content of the medley to make it easier for your toddler to eat.