Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
By Lilian Boukheir • January 9, 2020
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
- 1.5 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 whole pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 3 whole tomato - طماطم
- 3 whole cucumber - خيار
- 1 whole onion (diced) - بصلة
- 1 bunch parsley (leaves finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/2 bunch mint (leaves finely chopped) - نعناع
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To cook the quinoa, bring 1.5 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to medium heat until water is at the same level with quinoa. Lower heat and cover for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with fork then keep it covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl and leave to cool until you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Dice tomatoes, onion and cucumber and finely chop mint and parsley.
- Combine veggies and herbs with cooled quinoa and add the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve cold.
Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time...
Frozen Banana Cream with Cranberries
Just before your bananas turn black from the heat - peel them, slice them and place them in a...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Asian Quinoa Salad
This salad is so flavourful and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. Quinoa is a great substitute for rice and is a great option for people with diabetes. Quinoa tends to be bland on its own, however adding it to a salad makes it more tasty and exciting. This salad can be a good introduction to quinoa, […]