Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
Pile this delicous creamy chicken sandwich with all your favorite nutritious greens, such as arugula, kale, and baby spinach! With added avocados, this sandwich is all creamy without any mayo or fatty cream cheese.
- 1 chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large avocado - أفوكادو
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful arugula - جرجير
- 1 handful kale - كيل
- 2 piece bread - خبز
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Using a thin sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizentally into two thin fillets. Marinate with lime juice, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the fillets for a few minutes on both sides until cooked through yet juicy and tender. Cover and set aside.
- Peel avocados and puree one half with a fork. Generously season with lime juice. Cut the other half into thin slices and add lime juice as well.
- Slice the buns open, and spread with avocado puree. Add chicken fillet, and top it with avocado slices and your favourite green leaves (kale, arugula, baby spinach.) Place the upper bun piece on top and enjoy a nutritious sandwich!
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled...
Classic Mehalabeya with Rose Water and Mastic
This is an easy, straight-forward recipe for classic Mehalabeya. The combination of mastic and rose...
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.