Balsamic Roasted Figs with Citrus Ricotta
By yasmine • August 25, 2015
This is one of those dishes that gets some people impressed from the sweetness combo with the tardiness and citrus. They love and swear by it, while some people find it a bit too exotic.
It is a lovely barbecue dish that you can marinade in advance and grill on the barbecue after lunch has been served. Enjoy it warm or cold, but definitely worth a try, especially that it looks and tastes sophisticated while it is so easy to prepare.
- 10 figs (sliced in half) - تين
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (OR honey) - شراب القيقب
- 2 sprig rosemary (chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 200 gram ricotta cheese (OR mascarpone) - جبن ريكوتا
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
Step by step
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, the maple syrup (leaving one tablespoon behind) and the chopped rosemary. Marinade the sliced figs with the mix for an hour in the fridge, turning it in the liquid every now and then.
- In the meantime, mix ricotta with lemon zest and one tablespoon from the syrup and leave it in the fridge until serving.
- Preheat the grill to 180C, or the coal if you will be barbecuing.
- Place the figs face down (skin up) on the grill for 15-20 minutes (until skin is slightly wilted) while you reduce the remaining sauce on the stove.
- Once the figs are roasted, move them to a serving plate. Put the ricotta mix in a bowl next to it. You can choose to dress the figs in the balsamic reduction or serve it on the side as well.
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
Recipe in Arabic طبق الباذنجان الرومي المصري بالجبن This platter is...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.