Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
By mohamed ka7ka • July 16, 2015
Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade that makes sure your barbecued chicken will taste amazing and have your family and friends coming back for more.
From the article ‘Inspiration for the Long-Awaited Summer Barbecue’ with Kahka.
- 2 chicken (halved) - دجاج
- 1 kg onion (shredded) - بصلة
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the marinade well then rub it into the chicken, cover and put in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Prepare the barbecue by lighting the coal on the stove then transferring it tot he grill. Let it burn for up to an hour to make sure the heat is consistent through all the coal.
- Place your marinated chicken bottom down on the grill. Change the chicken every 20 minutes while adding from the leftover marination all over it. Do not add to much from the shredded onion itself cause it might burn with the heat.
- The chicken should have been down towards the coal from all sides. It should be done in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup
The avocado cucumber soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. Super delicious,...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]